PILLARS is an organization that focuses on social and service activities for families and children at St. Matthias School. PILLARS is an entirely self-funded group with an executive committee currently consisting of a two Co-Presidents, a Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Member at Large. All families at St. Matthias School are automatically members.
We believe that strong family networking and involvement will increase parents’ positive impact on the school. PILLARS has a strong interest in the education offered at St. Matthias School and in supporting the teachers. We welcome faculty involvement.
Our role within the school includes:
- Coordinating volunteers for school activities
- Facilitating communication between parents & teachers through the room parent program
- Providing fund-raisers in which monies go towards non-budget items and needs of the school
PILLARS special events have included:
- Meet & Greets
- Teacher Appreciation Events
- Back to School Picnic Ice Cream Social
- Pancake Breakfasts
- Hot Dog Days
- Cookies and Carols
- Farmers Market
- Speakers of interest to families
- Serving as a forum for parents to discuss opportunities to enhance our children’s school experience.
Suggestions or concerns relating to school administration, maintenance or curriculum should be directed to the Principal or to the School Board.
Funds raised from PILLARS events are dedicated to items that fall outside of the school operating budget including, but not limited to:
- Teacher Wish-List items
- Classroom enhancements
- Enhanced communication tools (ie. white boards with postings for parents)
- Treats for the children at school – Aspire Testing snacks
- Additional items that fall outside the school budget