December 7, 2016
Dear Family of St. Matthias,
As you are probably aware, St. Matthias has been involved in the diocesan-wide ‘To Teach Who Christ Is’ fundraising campaign for Catholic School scholarships. Our campaign for the St. Matthias Community is called ‘RAISE’ – to raise up our community through fundraising in order to give the Church facilities a critically needed update and to build a new wing on the School.
Our Community has achieved several milestones of the RAISE Campaign:
- The Community has pledged or given nearly $1.2M towards our goal of $1.8M
- We have collected over $400K in cash and returned to the Archdiocesan nearly all that we are required to return as part of the Archdiocesan campaign for Catholic school scholarships – $160K
- A significant portion of what has been returned to the Archdiocese has been provided back to St. Matthias School as part of the Caritas school scholarships
- We have used the balance of the cash collected to pay for the much needed renovations to our Church – plastering, painting, and window cleaning
- We are in communication with the investor group who purchased and tore down the building on Western Ave. adjacent to our school, with the goal of trading that land for a part of our East parking lot in order to have enough room for the new wing of the School
- We have been blessed to have an anonymous donor step forward who is willing to match, dollar for dollar, up to $100K in new cash donations before the end of this year
Which brings me to the reasons for writing you. First, we must raise approximately $1M in cash in order to proceed with the construction of the new wing on the School. The matching gift will go a long way toward meeting this diocesan requirement. And second, your cash gift or gift of securities must be received before December 30, 2016 to qualify for the matching gift.
I would ask that you prayerfully consider a gift to St. Matthias before the end of this year in order to receive the matching gift and, most importantly, for our current and future students to benefit from additional classroom facilities in the new wing. If you wish to make a pledge over time for the campaign, our donor will match the cash portion of your pledge paid before the end of this year. Finally, if your employer has a matching gift program, their match could increase the value of your gift by at least three times.
Many of you have already generously contributed to our campaign, and for that I thank you. But you can still be a part of this match opportunity! If you have an outstanding pledge through the RAISE Campaign, I would ask that you prayerfully consider accelerating your 2017 pledge payment before the end of this year. If you have already fulfilled your commitment to the RAISE Campaign, I would ask that you prayerfully consider an additional gift to St. Matthias before the end of this year.
I am grateful for all that you do for St. Matthias School, especially entrusting us in the education of your children. If you have any questions about the RAISE campaign feel free to call me at 773 506 2191. If you are ready to make your gift, please go to the giving website https://www.givecentral.org/location/23/event/7657 , return your gift to the school office, or if you want to make a gift of securities, contact Stuart Boldry at email@example.com. I pray for you every day.
Feel free to create a give central account and start donating today!
To Teach Who Christ Is:
To Teach Who Christ is