St. Matthias School, a partnership of families and teachers, develops students who think critically, value diversity, and act with a compassionate worldview. Guided by our Catholic faith, we respect and respond to each child’s needs through interdisciplinary instruction that challenges our students to apply their learning beyond the classroom.
CORE VALUES AND PURPOSE
- Students have an active role in their education and participate in the learning process
- Parents contribute to the education and development of their students
- We create a learning, praying, serving, Catholic educational community for our students
- We provide a caring atmosphere that fosters students’ individual growth according to their unique talents and abilities while teaching them values for life
- We embrace and enhance the lives of students from all social, racial, cultural and religious backgrounds
- St. Matthias School is an integral part of St. Matthias Parish and the Lincoln Square community