St. Matthias School, a partnership of families and teachers, develops students who think critically, value diversity, and act with a compassionate worldview. Guided by our Catholic faith, we respect and respond to each child’s needs through interdisciplinary instruction that challenges our students to apply their learning beyond the classroom.
- Academic excellence is emphasized in order to develop critical thinking, logical reasoning, and creative problem solving skills.
- Access to, and regular use of, current technology and curricular materials contribute to preparing students for a constantly changing world.
- We embrace and enhance the lives of students from all social, racial, cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Our purpose is to create a learning, praying, serving, Catholic educational community for our students.
- St. Matthias School provides a stable and caring atmosphere that fosters each student’s individual growth according to his or her unique talents and abilities.
- Parents and teachers contribute to the education and development of our students.
- Children have an active role in their education and should participate in the learning process appropriate to their developmental level.
- St. Matthias School is an integral part of our parishes and the Lincoln Square community.
We believe we can provide your child excellence in education while teaching Values For Life.